they put each mailing in a black plastic bag and tied them to a circle of rope. We are asked to perform a short ritual and asked to open and read the contents of each bag one at a time in a specific order ending with the statue. this ritual is alleged to keep us safe from what's in the bags.
Once i've read through the experience i'll post the contents.
- A note ostensibly from the sender of the envelopes saying that an included comic and article are important and pieces of a puzzle
- A comic in Norwegian (this was the item that I received duplicates of)
- An article about Norwegian rock art depicting an Ur-God (Lovecraft much?)
- A diary entry presumably from one of the discoverers of the rock art
- A newspaper article about the fate of the discoverers
second bag contents:
- Another note from the sender about an old article and an amulet
- The article from the note which is from an old magazine and is about a rediscovered Norwegian fairytale found in a book collection from an auction
- A page from what appears to be an auction catalog highlighting the collection where the Norwegian fairytale was found
- A creepy amulet with a mysterious symbol carved into it
third bag contents:
- A letter from the sender of all of this detailing what's in this mailing and saying that everything's connected.
- A ripped out page from a medieval manuscript titled "Apocalyptic Heresies" (or Herefies if we're using the medieval spelling)
- A cassette tape liner from a heavy metal/Satanic band with lyrics from one of their songs
- A letter from one of the band members to a fan detailing what the song lyrics are about
- There's also a mention of the band's website in the letter from the sender, which is a real website with music on it and everything
fourth bag contents:
- A letter from the sender explaining the mailing and saying that she's sailing off to sea to find the beast
- A card that looks like it is probably the "invitation to a private collection, presumably of Viking lore, oddly held late at night on a Saturday" mentioned in a previous post
- A large poster with an ancient Viking legend that describes the beast
fifth bag contents:
- An evidence bag with a USB drive contained inside. The USB drive contains a lengthy audio file (close to twenty minutes) that concerns something gone awry with a fishing boat.
- A note saying to hide the recording after listening to it.
- The last notes from Sarah Perkins. Any lingering questions about her identity and her connection to the story gets revealed here, and like many MPC experiences, she implores you to use the artifact in a way that, well, you can't really, but it's sort of an ending.
- THE KRAKEN (STATUE)! An amazingly heavy and tall artifact that in my opinion was worth the wait. This is supposed to be what was on display in the museum exhibit advertised in the previous mailing.
I haven't personally seen any of the previous versions so I can't be certain but it looks like the only differences between this version and the 2016 non-kickstarter version are the
addition of the ritual and changing it from 6 parts to 5 parts. It looks like to change it to five parts, all they did was move the USB drive and its accompanying letter to be included with the last part.
edit: And, of course, the mask and tattoo.
I copied and pasted the contents from a previous post. I hope nobody minds.
diggitydoodog: I've had dubious documents for 2 years now and finally went to work on it. Would anyone on here be willing to PM me the answer or post it in a spoiler so I can check the solution?
Sept 17, 2020 11:44:39 GMT -5
Todd: Did you hear about the dwarfish fortune teller who broke out of jail? Police are on the lookout for a small medium at large.
Oct 15, 2020 21:35:58 GMT -5
distantsmoke: It’s snowing here in NE Kansas! Yay!
Oct 26, 2020 9:51:04 GMT -5
Todd: I once went to a zoo whose only animal was a dog! It was a shih tzu.
Oct 27, 2020 18:20:25 GMT -5
rob: There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Nov 17, 2020 17:47:10 GMT -5
AMH: Wow, I never realized that collecting and doing puzzles could make you a millionaire... If you were a billionaire !
Nov 18, 2020 23:54:06 GMT -5